Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Didn't look at it as a two piece project , the channel then becomes simple. Only looked at the bend in the stem and wondering how to do it. Had experimented years ago with both smoking and making of pipes, both short lived. They were two piece, but one was the bowl and the other the stem. Waiting to see the finished product.

I also was under the same thinking as Want2Be, never thinking two sided. What type glue would you be using to do the glue up?

Just wood glue. Not sure yet if I'll be using a liner or using caking method to create the protective layer.

Please keep us informed this could be interesting.

Will do. Tomorrow I need to head to a smoke shop to buy some pipe tobacco. I am hoping they have some pipe stems. This design is 100% functional but I really, really like a filter in my pipes. If they don't have some I'll have to order from Amazon.

I would think that they would be available there as pipe filter have been used for many years now, thinking back in the 70's they came into the pipe smoking community,

Default Wedding plaque

Another one of the layered plagues. Managed to get this one done as a gift for a young couple about to tie the knot. Base wood is sycamore, mahogany last name and poplar first names.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240101_121134.jpg  

Real pretty. Love the contrast on the piece.

Mugs, I live in a semi rural area and the options I have available to buy locally are really limited. I will have to order everything online unless I want to drive into town, which I hate doing.

LOL I feel the same Oscar going to town has it's down sides, the old girl I drive around seems to have a drinking problem, but I like her. Going from place to place trying to find what I need can get pricey, so I prefer to sit down find what I need and buy it. Total cost is time sitting other then the purchase price. With time saved driving and looking around, I feel I'm saving more shopping from my chair. I at one time was rural but as time went on that changed, so tracking down things I need right away are not to rough any more.

Default Xmas Ornament

Modified Oscars' Tufted Titmouse into a cardinal with a little tool work after carving. Painted, twisted some wreath wire to make a loop, drilled a small hole in the back and inserted it with epoxy. Result is acceptable tree ornaments. Did try legs on 2 but was informed not necessary and made them get hung up on things on the tree. Made them out of 2x4's doing two sided carves, 2 birds per carve. Now have some of next years Xmas gifts already in the closet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240102_171106.jpg  

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast