Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Alan, you are correct. Finally getting into some of the intermediate capabilities of blender.

I used a noise texture to randomize and feed a musgrave (asymmetrical polynomial regression) texture filter combined with a color ramp. It produces a random geometry pattern with different colors.

This is the render of the model. I thought is was really cool so made a pattern from it.

By changing some of the parameters I can completely change the geometry and color for new designs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dunes instant film filter.jpg  

2. Default

Oh. Well whatever that means it sounds like you did it in blender which is not raster. But you can do the same kind of thing in raster using the airbrush and then curves dialog on it like this image I made as a raster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waves.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	83361

Alan,

lol. I really misunderstood the comment. That is very cool, by the way, that designer has similar capabilities.

Yes, is was done totally in blender. There are some advanced filters in the cycles render engine. One of the factors in the musgrave filter is multi-fractal regression. My math is now non-existent so how it actually does it is magic.

Redoing the patterns for my family crest. Need a lion and a castle. Came up with this for the lion. Turned out half werewolf half lion but I think its cool so will be running with it but wanted to show it off.

I'll start the castle today. Going for a gothic type castle. I'll be as surprised as everyone else on how it comes out. Just throwing stuff down and seeing how it evolves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Haroldic lion2.png  

Oscar, you are getting pretty good at that!

Oscar,

There is a lion pattern in the basic patterns included with the Designer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Dale,

Thanks. It was a fun model to build.

Steve,

I couldn't open your mpc (have 2.xx only) but I assume its the basic heraldic lion. There is nothing wrong with the pattern but I prefer my own. Here is the basic patterns' lion and the two of mine. I know the last one is a bit cartoony but it is definitely my style of artwork. I'll have to see which one works best with the design or build a third lion pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW heraldic lions.png  

Oscar, I like your two lions. Middle one I really like the head, body is a little rough at spots but overall very nice. The third one I like the concept of the figure, it looks fierce.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Eddie,

Thank you. The middle one was completely sculpted so is really rough. The third is one is first rough modeled and then detail sculpted on. Still in the learning phase and probably will stay there until I die. This 3d stuff is amazing.

- O

10. Default

Those are really nice lions, I have always liked your more stylistic approach.

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast