Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

No clock inserts unfortunately for me.

These are the quartz movements (Tubular Quad Chime Clock Movement) I normally use. They are not necessarily cheap but they sound amazing and also can be pretty loud. They are also fairly large at ~ 4.5”H x 4.75”W x 1.25”D.

Always fun trying to figure out how to hang them in the clock carcass.

This clock design is a beginner level woodworker project. Could be done as a weekend project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12001-1.jpg  

Did a couple, only the first one had audible. Found that I can't handle the audible reminders of the time. Strange thing, a wire must have broken or something on the one that had it.
    Please give us a pic when you have everything done.
    Rick H

I'm in my insomnia phase so haven't done much of anything useful. I did model some knives late at night when I couldn't sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-12-16 14_25_04-Window.png  

Finally put my clock together. Black walnut and maple with quartz movement. Dragons and Phoenixes all around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8056 small.JPG   IMG_8059 small.JPG  

Beautiful project, you're wife must have a problem finding places to display all the projects. The layout of the entire project takes time and talent let alone the CAD portion for the carves.
    Thx again for sharing,
    Rick H

Thank you for the kind words. Now off to build a third clock. My sister wants one for herself. Texas blue bonnets flower pattern for this one.

Great work Oscar. I am sure the third will become a collector as the first two should.

Procrastination is a great way to get things done in a fast way but not always the right way. lol

My sister told me she would be coming by this weekend 2 days ago. So I was a able to put the clock together in about 1 1/2 days. I had previously done the carvings so that helped. Not pretty but done. Letting the finish cure a bit more but just have to hang the clock mechanism.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8074 small.JPG  

Very nice Oscar, please show a picture when the clock gets installed.

Here is the final clock. Same dimensions and build as the rest. Also in black walnut with maple panels and mahogany accent inlays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8077 small.JPG   IMG_8075 small.JPG  

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast