Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Another one for my library. Started as a 3d print but of course had to make a cnc pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9266 small.JPG   2023-06-13 17_43_14-Window.png  

Wilbur looks good, looks like a neat carve but the 3d print model should be great setting on an end table or in a kids room.

lol. wife took it. She loved it.

I want to make another batch of Native American flutes. My sister complained she couldn't play the F# note flutes because they were too long for her. So thinking about making some A note flutes. They should be about 6 inches shorter than the F# ones. But since its been around 100 degrees I haven't stepped outside to do any woodworking so started working on my new totems.

These are what I have made so far. I want to make 5 new totems but haven't decided what two more I should make. So what should be my next totems be?

Also, finally sat down and learned how to make and use vector displacement maps (VDM) in blender. A tiny bit more work than Zbrush (4 steps to set them up) but really makes it easy to add detail to a 3d model. Used it on the snake totem for the scales.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails owl totem wood render.jpg   spider totem wood render.jpg   snake totem.jpg  

As always, beautiful work. My personal preference is the owl which would probably be the most likely to break with the wing spread. Second choice would be the snake. Will be waiting for the final result(after the temp drops)

Thank you and sorry for not being very clear. I will be carving all of these but want to design two more different totems.

The wings actually should hold up well. Here are the ones I've carved in the past. The totems are 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick so plenty of material for sturdiness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old totems.jpg  

Maybe a Bison as they were so important to the Native Americans.

Buffalo skull going on the list.
    Last edited by oscarl48; 08-06-2023 at 12:32 AM.

Hi guys. hope all has been good. Thinking a bear head would be nice as so many wisely worshiped their existence. During my my disappearance, I was off proving that I did have a heart, after a week of WTF, I was talked into going to the see a doctor, so off i went. I sent the next half a week getting to know the staff very well. As I walked in to say hi for the first time in 25 years, I started to feel uneasy again. They rushed me thru the process and had me lying down as they started working on me. They Then took me down to the cat lab and installed a stent in me so blood could flow as it should. They told me my main artery was blocked with maybe a pin hole in it to allow some sort of flow. I still waiting to see what damage has been done, thinking next week will bring more info to me and see how close I am to the number of attacks I had, I'm thinking well over 50 with at least a half dozen or more in the major category. Doing well now, looking to get my strength back

Congrats on being above ground! But seriously, best wishes on your health and glad you are still here.

Bear head is going on the list. I am waiting for the temp to go below 100. My shop is my garage with no AC so also an oven.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast