Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

I am sure your work will be a welcomed addition for your wife that will be loved for years to come.

Default Native American totem carvings

Carved out a new batch of flute totems in mahogany.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9127 small.JPG  

Awesome ! Perfect for your intended use and the detail will make them pop. Now all you have to do is get to the final product.

The flutes were done. I had three ready for the totems. I had attached some temp 3d printed ones but I think they need to be wood.

Really like the mahogany on the cedar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9128 small.JPG  

Agreed, using the wood totems keeps the flutes 'real' and natural. IMHO the printed ones would ruin the authenticity of what you're making.
    Looks great, thx for the pic.

Well it is hard to tell in a picture that the totem is plastic, but once you know it is I would have to agree that it takes away from the authenticity of the flute. Yes I feel as well that the cedar and mahogany would look very nice together.

This is the plastic totem I made. I painted it blood red for the flute.

Also finalized my Native American flute design. Finished two more flutes in the final design dimensions. I am partial to F# so making all my flute to that tuning.

The bottom flute came from the last batch and have a thinner wall. I didn't like the look so going with a slightly thicker wall flute in the design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9075 small.JPG   NAF small.jpg  

The doberman looks awesome and even if plastic will make a great totem. The flutes both look great, even being thin they should be around for years to come as I am sure that you ever ends up with it will treat it with tender loving care, so they have it forever, or at least as long as they can.

Default Mahogany and purple heart box

Neighbor asked for a box to keep some ashes from a special buddy we lost a couple of weeks ago. She was the neighborhood dog that would visit with everyone.

There are many a day she would lay in my garage shop as I did some woodworking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9179 small.JPG   IMG_9178 small.JPG  

Beautiful box and the inscription seems to say it all, obviously very special to all. Sorry for everyone's loss, they become family. Great you're in the position to provide something that will be a reminder to all.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast