Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    Hi guys. hope all has been good. Thinking a bear head would be nice as so many wisely worshiped their existence. During my my disappearance, I was off proving that I did have a heart, after a week of WTF, I was talked into going to the see a doctor, so off i went. I sent the next half a week getting to know the staff very well. As I walked in to say hi for the first time in 25 years, I started to feel uneasy again. They rushed me thru the process and had me lying down as they started working on me. They Then took me down to the cat lab and installed a stent in me so blood could flow as it should. They told me my main artery was blocked with maybe a pin hole in it to allow some sort of flow. I still waiting to see what damage has been done, thinking next week will bring more info to me and see how close I am to the number of attacks I had, I'm thinking well over 50 with at least a half dozen or more in the major category. Doing well now, looking to get my strength back
    Missed you but never dreamed it was from something this serious, thought maybe some time away in the woods. As with Oscar, fantastic news that they managed to catch it in time and we get to hear it from you in person. Should make us all appreciate each and every one of them. Again great to hear rom you that all is on the upswing.

Thanks guys. as bad as it was I was still able to find humor in what was going on. They took us down the hall to the ER exam room. When we got in, one of the nurses said to put your things down and get up undressed for the gown. My wife and I put our things down. She then sat in a chair and I started to remove my shirt, to which I of of the nurse stated I did not have to do that. My wife lost it even more saying that I was the one having the heart attack. I do have a gift of staying calm in situations and that I was one of the calmest in the room. We all had a good laugh over that. As time went on I had fun with the nurses and staff as they picked and probed. While ordering meals I was told a few times that I had made their day. Once I asked if she might be able to hide a slab of bacon and six pork chops in there somewhere. No matter the reason your life gets turned around always try to remember to try and find some sort of humor in the situation, it makes thing easier on everyone. Again guys thanks.

Mugs, hope you are healing and feeling better.

Just wanted to show off a new model I made as a gift for my wife: Scottish Clan Bell cross. Once the temps in Texas get below the temp of the sun I'll carve it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scottish Clan Bell cross.jpg  

That's a beautiful cross, please give us a pic when done. I'm thinking about the various types of wood and trying to decide which would do it justice.

Thanks. I just need for the temps to go below the surface of the sun here in Texas so I can get into my garage shop.

That looks very nice Oscar. Sorry to see the temps went the other way for you and most of the rest of the south. We had one day last week where the temps climbed much higher than I like, but that calmed down now to a much more decent level.

Default Cross for the Clan Bell

Finally had enough energy to get out to my garage shop and hit a few buttons to carve something.

Carved in mahogany at 10" x 14" x .75".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9427 small.JPG  

Wow! That came out beautifully, Oscar! Very Nice!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael, thank you. Still need to cut it out and a ton of sanding but I can't wait to see what the mahogany looks like when oiled.

Looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished cross. Sometimes the sanding and prep bothers me the most of the whole project but know it has to be done.
    Really like how mahogany carves, for years didn't know there were so many varieties with such different tones.

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast