Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

A little practice with a more complex model for my library. The model rendered and what it looks like in Designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wall hanger small.jpg   2022-03-18 20_19_29-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  

Very nice!

Really unique. Like the natural look that seems native American. My concern is regarding the length of chain. Seems too modern and not a natural product for the rest of the pattern.
    Rick H

Thanks all. Rick thanks for the feedback. I wanted to add more stuff but wasn't sure after the feathers. The antlers also need more tweaking. Not too confident they would carve well. Otherwise just another pattern in the library. Been doing a lot of procedural models so wanted to get back into manual modeling so I don't forget everything.

One of my designs for a small corner shelf. Ash lumber at 11.5" x 20" x .75".

A little heavier than I would like but I really liked the grain on the ash board I had lying around.

And I hate sanding so pretty much what came out of the machine with a semi-dull 1/16" bit...rustic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8137 small.JPG  

No experience with ash, not much around here, but will say it carves really nice. Have to start trying to find some to play with

Default more models for my collection

Some modeling fun. Now have to see how to make decent patterns out of the models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails semi truck render.png   semi trailer render.png  

The truck and trailer look awesome, hope they pattern well for you. The carve in the ash looks as if it came out very well. Ash is a plentiful tree around here, but losing ground fast. There is a Asian beetle moving about that kills ash trees. The Emerald ash bore beetle will most likely take most of the ash trees in the this state. I have seen large stands wiped out in a few short years. The wood of the tree left behind is full of small holes the larvae bore into the tree. I have a house in the northwoods that had about 20 ash trees on it. Most all are dead or dying. Have made plans to head up that way in about a week to start putting them on the ground under my terms and not mother nature's terms.

Thanks.

That sucks about the Asian beetle. I was unaware of that invasive species. If feels like a lot of different trees are under pressure and will disappear thanks to all these pests.

I am trying to push myself to be more creative so playing with alternate perspectives. I also need to tweak and refine my height map to cnc pattern pipeline. Due to the depth of the model I cannot use a straight STL port.

This is what I was able to make from the height map of the truck (model is 8" x 6.4" x .25"). It needs clean up in some areas if I go with this view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails semi truck wood render.png  

Very nice Oscar. I like the detail.

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast