Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Unfortunately for me I'm not musical enough to begin to figure out how to change the pitch (I think) of a flute. Just know this one is beautiful. Good luck.
    Rick H

Rick, a little bit more to it but the main thing is the length of the flute. The longer the lower or deeper the fundamental note. The hole locations and size will then determine the individual notes available in the flute.

There are equations to figure out the hole locations but I went the simple way and purchased a book (Charlies flute making book) that lays out all that information based on the flute length (note of flute).

Not sure if I'll submit to the pattern depot or just use it in my library but really enjoyed making this pattern today.

Gorilla at the door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-08 14_17_20-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png   2020-06-08 13_48_04-ZBrush.png  

Another winner!! Love to see your work!

Thanks. Its been a lot of fun playing with the software and pushing my creative boundaries. Finished this one today. Not sure if I'll ever carve but really happy with it.

Really needs to be a deep carve to bring out the detail. Designer says 3.5 hours for a 12"x12" and 1.25" depth carve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-09 17_43_08-CarveWright - [Grizzly bear Hawk totem deep carve.mpc].png   bear bust small.jpg  

Really neat, enjoy each that you share. Your talent/abilities are definitely improving with the effort you put into this.
    Thanks for sharing, Rick H

Another one for my library. Wrought iron bar cross pattern made for my wife.

Rust texture taken proudly (actually embarrassingly) from one of my saws.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-14 22_15_49-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png   wrought iron cross with rust 002 small.jpg  

Oscar

That is a masterpiece!!!

Default Beautiful pattern poor execution

I tried something different. I laminated some maple on walnut. Had problems from the beginning.

My band saw is under powered and my blade is starting to get dull. So re-sawing the maple went poorly. I barely got 1/4 inch of stock after cutting and planing. Then I set the project dimensions too shallow for the pattern and not deep enough to remove the unwanted material. Lastly I had the maple wood orientation so the bit was slicing instead of cutting. A lot of long shavings clogging up my dust collector.

In the end I got something that is not as nice as I would have liked. The pattern really did come out great but my execution had a lot to ask for.

My wife loved it but I am not happy with myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6536 small.JPG  

We're our worse critics. Hopefully it helps us improve on the finished products. A unique piece, have gotten to really like the laminate process.
    Rick H

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast