Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Like it also, think the view seems to provide a good perspective of a rig. My guess would be that most other angles won't give the viewer the needed depth. Anyway, as above, looks good.

One benefit of a height map port is the depth is consistent. The model is too deep for any hope of having a good STL port without a lot of work.

These example models are 5" x 5" x .25".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails semi truck examples.jpg  

Looks good and definitely gives different perspectives of the truck. My favorite is still the first one just due to the view giving me an overall feeling of the size of a semi. Really cool how you're able to provide the various angles.

One huge benefit of this technique is you are essentially only taking a picture of the model. The process assigns a grey scale value to each pixel based on the distance from the camera. There is some math to blur out a little bit of the far parts and try to keep the close parts clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2022-04-09 12_28_13-Window.png  

Default Another for my collection: Oni Samurai

The next series I want to make are some (hopefully) cool busts. This is the first one. In the plans are a Viking and Native American.

Oni are evil spirits from Japanese mythology and folklore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oni samurai render final.jpg  

Interesting subject, am sure they will be unique and varied as usual. I'll will be waiting for the Native American collection having a touch of that lineage

Still have no clue on what direction to go with the Native American bust but here is where I am at with the Viking bust.

Vidar was the god that survives Ragnarok and slays the wolf Fafnir after it destroys Valhalla.

Its going to be a pain to make into a pattern due to the number of booleans I used without cleaning up the geometry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Viking bust 3.jpg  

Awesome looking. The resulting carve should be interesting with all the overlapping depths. You obviously get the enjoyment of the creative side, the making of the drawing and finally making the end product. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks. I'm also hoping it will look awesome with all the different stuff in it and yeah, its a ton of fun.

Here is the base Viking sword I made for the model. I had to shorten the blade for my pattern so it would fit. So slightly different than what is in my model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Viking sword.png  

And I just finished the Native American bust model. Still need to convert to a pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Native American bust.jpg  

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast