Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood working show in Pasadena Tx. Feb. 26-28

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Somerset seemed to have good attendance compared to the last 2 or 3 yrs .. I have been going to that show for 20 yrs or so ... I have noticed that some of the big tool folk have cut back their presence .. I noticed last yr for the first time that there were a couple JUNK China tool stands selling cheap Cheap Shit stuff... Also there weren't to many good deals to be had ... I was looking to find a true track saw .. Seen One !!!! ONE .... It was a Triton ... Same exact saw as the Shopfox N Grizzly but , at double the price .. No Sale on that one ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

I think that CarveWright is shooting itself in the foot by NOT attending woodworking shows! Not even the one in Pasadena!
    To me, this lack of marketing will be the death of a nice machine.
    Where will the new potential buyers come from? There is a lot of competition out there and some of them are selling machines right under CarveWright's noses. DIGITAL Wood Carver was at the January 2016 Springfield Massachusetts woodworking show and sold two machines at the show. That is only part of the success of this Indiana based, American made machine. There was a lot of interest. Many people took information on this CNC router that goes between $3500 - $5,000. That speaks well toward future purchase. And since they were the only CNC router at the show, they will be the ones that the 2000 attendees will consider for future purchase. They were also in Pasadena.
    CarveWright needs to put together a "learning experience" to go along with a demo of the machine. The demo needs to be on a 50" or larger TV so that the noise can be controlled and the cool projects need to be on display. You guys scare me with your lack of marketing. I really hope that you are here for "us" in five years!

3. Default

I too am also worried about the future of our machines. It seems to me that concentration over the last two years has been to make money off of existing users rather than growing the base. The constant running out of stock of basic items has worried me as well. Many new woodworkers are part of a community on you tube. Other CNC makers are flooding you tube with machines. xcarve has been giving machines to popular woodworkers on you tube for the advertising benefits of the followers seeing the machines in use on the shows. You don't see carvewright anywhere on youtube except for older commercials and tutorials. I like my machine and hope to use it for many years but I too am worried.

rickroy,

I agree with your comments 100%. Well stated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12