Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood working show in Pasadena Tx. Feb. 26-28

Default Wood working show in Pasadena Tx. Feb. 26-28

I was just informed about the woodworking conference in Pasadena and was wondering if CarveWright going to be there? I saw 3 classes on CNC basic, turning also.
    Any info about this?
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I was just at the Somerset Woodworkers show ... There was no CW booth/stand ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Sorry, I'm just seeing this post. CW is not at any Woodworking Shows. They are too expensive and not well attended.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Since the economy is supposedly better maybe more people will attend. But then fewer people are doing woodworking these days. Someone should audit the shows this year and se how things are.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I traded emails with the guys at the Woodworking shows about not having anything out west this year. They said their decision not to have any was based on the last 2 years with very low attendance, reduction in vendors and the over all sales being down compared to what they see in the east.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Phil (my husband) went to the WWS in Pasadena (I was out of town) and he said he talked to some of the vendors. They, too, admitted that attendance has been way down and a lot of vendors had backed out over the last few years.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

There is a show this month up in Green Bay I am planning to attend. I went last year, but made it out there a little late and most had already closed up shop. This year I plan to get much earlier. From what I saw they had good attendance yet when I was there. They are great for grasping new ideas folks have out there.

I went to the Pasadena as well. The vendors I talked to just complained about the lack of space. They got bumped out of the main convention center by the Gem Show.
    They did say that the show promoter was testing the western market. The vendors did say this show was well attended.
    Don

Somerset seemed to have good attendance compared to the last 2 or 3 yrs .. I have been going to that show for 20 yrs or so ... I have noticed that some of the big tool folk have cut back their presence .. I noticed last yr for the first time that there were a couple JUNK China tool stands selling cheap Cheap Shit stuff... Also there weren't to many good deals to be had ... I was looking to find a true track saw .. Seen One !!!! ONE .... It was a Triton ... Same exact saw as the Shopfox N Grizzly but , at double the price .. No Sale on that one ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

I think that CarveWright is shooting itself in the foot by NOT attending woodworking shows! Not even the one in Pasadena!
    To me, this lack of marketing will be the death of a nice machine.
    Where will the new potential buyers come from? There is a lot of competition out there and some of them are selling machines right under CarveWright's noses. DIGITAL Wood Carver was at the January 2016 Springfield Massachusetts woodworking show and sold two machines at the show. That is only part of the success of this Indiana based, American made machine. There was a lot of interest. Many people took information on this CNC router that goes between $3500 - $5,000. That speaks well toward future purchase. And since they were the only CNC router at the show, they will be the ones that the 2000 attendees will consider for future purchase. They were also in Pasadena.
    CarveWright needs to put together a "learning experience" to go along with a demo of the machine. The demo needs to be on a 50" or larger TV so that the noise can be controlled and the cool projects need to be on display. You guys scare me with your lack of marketing. I really hope that you are here for "us" in five years!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast