Thread: First Tutorial frustration

1. Default First Tutorial frustration

I am a new Carvewright owner. I am starting to go through the tutorials. The first one I attempted is the Dr Beard's Sign. The tutorial starts fine (it is a pdf). I turn off the texture view as it suggests. The very next frame states "rotate board 90 CW to orient project as it will be viewed in real life." Sounds simple enough. I click the rotate icon on the menu. I didn't realize it is a 360 degree rotation. so I rotate as best my mouse will let me. I then figure out to hit "square board" and it straightens up. There must be something I am missing. I right clicked on the board and I see save.

What did I miss.

Welcome to the forum.

I think it is referring to the pull down menu under the Front button. (You need Designer 2 or 3 for this.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rotate button.png  

3. Default

Thanks. That is it. The tutorial needs to be updated to show that step. and yes I am using Designer 3.102 build 12440

4. Default

Thanks. That did the trick. How do we get the tutorial updated.

I am using Designer Pro 3.102 Build 12440

5. Default

Is it normal for "Beginner" tutorials to require patterns that do not come with the software?
    I am making the Dr Beards Snake Oil Sign. It says to go to the pattern library and select the "Poster Straight Banner" That pattern didn't come with the software. I did find it in the pattern store for $10.00
    Russell Bell
    Powder Springs, GA

Quote Originally Posted by R_K_Bell2013 View Post
    Is it normal for "Beginner" tutorials to require patterns that do not come with the software?
    I am making the Dr Beards Snake Oil Sign. It says to go to the pattern library and select the "Poster Straight Banner" That pattern didn't come with the software. I did find it in the pattern store for $10.00
    On page 1 of the pdf tutorial, it has a link for downloading the necessary patterns:

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...rds_Poster.zip

The zipped download includes two fonts and seven patterns for the tutorial.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 02-22-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

You can download and use it in the tutorial to learn, but will not be able to save the project or upload to the memory card unless you decide to purchase and activate the license serial number for the patterns.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!