Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letters

Cut each letter out twice from standard 3/4 material and then glue them together?

Lawrence

How do you mount on another board? And this would have tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    He is saying to cut out two of the letters and glue them together after you cut them out.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

There are several ways. The best is to use screws that will not interfere with the tracking, that are not in any area where a bit will cut and that are level with the surface. Another way is to use double sided tape but the good tape that holds the best will raise the board slightly. Some temporary glues may work also but I've never tried them.

From your question it sounds as though you don't completely understand the process. Essentially, all you are doing is securing two boards together to achieve an overall thickness that the machine can use. For simplicity, both boards should be the same size. Then only the top board is carved on and the bottom board is just to hold the top board in place. If you are using the Cut Path tool to cut out a part or pattern, the tabs will automatically be used to hold the carving on the top board in place as it finishes.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-08-2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added additional explanation
    Steve

How would I go about doing a cutout with shapes or letter with 1/4wood?
    I wrote a Tips & Tricks showing how to cut "whatever you want" out of thin material (.25"-thick wood in this case). It is a simple process. Here is a link to the tutorial pdf:

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...cks_Sept08.pdf
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12