Thread: Texan jackalope skull sign

Default Texan jackalope skull sign

My first attempt at staining and painting a sign. This was just a test carve of a new pattern but it turned out good enough that I wanted to display it somewhere. So made the effort to spruce it up a bit. I am not real good at it. I typically use hardwoods so almost never stain or paint. Poly or oil only so painting/staining is a skill set I have not developed yet.

P.S. Hilarious. I just realized I misspelled jackalope on the sign. Good thing this was just a sample test piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jackalop skull.jpg  

I have done the same thing on some of my text, but figured it out before I put it on the board... things that make you go....hummmm.. lol

I have a wall in my workshop for carved mistakes similar to that!! It's getting full!

Thanks guys for trying to make me feel not as big of a dumb ***.

The pattern was actually pretty good. You just can't tell because of my crappy stain/paint job and misspellings.

I misspelled my sister-in laws name on a Christmas present. Thank goodness my wife caught it.

too funny. That would have been bad. Not one but two ladies upset at you if it would have made it out the door. Your wife and her sister.