Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shopping list question

Do the cut motor test and play a little with the cover to see if the problem was the right cover switch not closing.

lol. Dan thanks. I will. I hope it isn't something simple like that. I just ordered all the piece parts.

(I know. I still need the piece parts)

P.S. Thanks for the help last night. I know it was an obvious solution for you but I have been so focused on learning blender that I really don't know designer very well. Trying to remedy that.

Okay. I feel a little silly but another learning opportunity I guess. Got home early from work and ran all the tests. They all passed. So I relooked at the cut motor hours...125 hrs. I had incorrectly been looking at the total machine on time which was 200+hrs. So its probably not the motor. It may be a cover switch issue though I will still have to troubleshoot. Fault came up only after I lifted the cover to pause the machine both times. I did reset the computer by turning off the machine in-between.

I am going to take the opportunity to tear it apart, give it a nice deep cleaning, lube it up and install the dust collector. I am hoping to save the sign I was carving by re-carving it. You can see where it stopped the first time and then where it stopped on the second time. Sign will be 12"x24" when done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4020.jpg  

looks like it might have been the cover switch. Tore the machine apart and gave it a good cleaning and oiled all the moving parts. Installed the dust collector and did about 5 hours of carving today. Saved the sign but lost some of the detail trying to sand away the lines where the carve had stalled previously. I know I can recarve slightly deeper but I am happy with it. It was only a test carve for a draft pattern I am making (the dragon). I am pleased with the dragon scale background. Tomorrow I will cut some curves around the edge with the band saw, round over the edges and seal. It should be a lot of fun to paint.

Thanks again for all the advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4026.jpg  

Good Job on the Maintenance and installing the Dust Collector. Very nice Artwork and Design.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank you. The dragon pattern still needs a little bit more work but its a good start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12