Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shopping list question

Default shopping list question

I'm sad. Half way through a carve I paused my machine to clean some of the sawdust and when I pressed to continue the bit scraped along the cut path without the cut motor starting. Paused it, attempted to restart and then got an error. I don't remember what it was but is was an error I had not seen before but assumed it was dealing with the cut motor. My machine is just over 200 hours so I guess its maintenance time. Long story but my question is how important is it to replace the x/y roller bearings. I have had very little problem with them and they seem fine.

So far my shopping list includes:

y timing belt
    cut motor brushes
    y motor assembly
    FCC cable (just so I can have a spare when needed)
    2 roller bearings (for spares)

Is there anything else I may need or have to replace. I just relubed the flex cable 50 hours ago and running almost cool to the touch so no problems there.

Many thanks in advance. I've been doing a lot of test carvings so been using it more than normal. There some new designs I wanted to test out but guess I am in a strategic pause.

On the bearing question, you should get a pair of the fixed and a pair of the cam bearings, the are different.
    I keep a set of each for my self and or my friends in the area to share.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    I'm sad. Half way through a carve I paused my machine to clean some of the sawdust...
    I hope this doesn't mean you stuck a vacuum hose in the machine while it was on.....static will fry your controller!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

board sensor, x-gear assembly and the pivot assembly.... I have a little stock pile of parts, one never knows what will go wrong I have just got one machine running and need to get some parts for my other machine for it that I don't have.... I like spending your money....
    Last edited by aokweld101; 02-04-2016 at 05:56 PM.

lol. off to spend some money. Thank you all.

Edit: Connie, I did use a vacuum but after the initial cut motor failure but I turned off the machine and after turning it back on the machine worked for a little bit before I got the same results so I am assuming its just the brushes. I am only 5 hours away from Houston so the humidity helps a little with the static though this cold front did dry us out a bit. I'll know more when I tear it apart.

I didn't see the board sensor so they may be out of stock for a little bit. I'll add it whenever I have to order something else. My pocket book is crying a little bit.

How did you pause the machine? Use the stop button or raised the clear cover?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

raised the cover.

Could be a loose clear cover, loose right side Cut Motor safety switch too.

I would install a seat belt at next maintenance.... I have one on my left switch... Just tape installed with the cover up slightly and when down pulls the cover toward the switch.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03168_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You should really use the stop button to pause a carving. Doing so tells the computer to pause all operations. Raising the cover the computer has to react to seeing the cover switches opened up to shut things down, plus the cut motor switch being 110V will cause the contacts to arc. This is probably why the cut motor did not start back up when you restarted the carve...

Also a good dust collection attachment will allow you to carve without stopping to clean out the machine!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you all for the great advice. Lol. I actually have a dust collection attachment. I just haven't installed it (its been sitting in my closet for over a year). Once I replace all these parts I'll install it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast