Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Candle Mold

having fun with some premade blender models. Not real functional as a candle maybe but can be used possibly for a plaster mold knickknack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails teapot candle mold.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your pattern seems ok in 1.187 as long as you do not try and change its size. As soon as you alter it, the "auto" floor edges kicks in. It is like the floor feather in 2 and 3 except that you cannot turn it off. All you can do is bit optimization best and hope for the best!

Dan, thanks. That explains it then since I did try change the size.

One last one. I hope this one comes out because then I want one. A screw pattern candle. Please let me know if it works and I'll go buy a candle making kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screw candle mold.PNG  

I think those threads are too deep. Too much surface area. The wax might not come out. Great idea though. Can you try making more shallow threads?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think it is always nice if one can construct one's mpc in Designer itself. Sometimes it is a challenge, but in the end, you have something which is more straight forward and easy to edit.
    If you are just looking for a challenge then limiting yourself to one tool might be the way to go. However, if you consider the quality of the finished project and looking to complete it with a time factor involved then using all of the tools that are needed to make the job easier seems more practical. Just my point of view.
    Steve

Dan, great suggestion. Here is a quick bolt model for the mold. Not cylindrical but can be modified by deselecting aspect ratio and making them skinnier or longer. These are smaller form factor candles but they would look great on a cake or other special event for a metal or wood worker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bolt candle mold.PNG  

Sorry if this is posted twice.
    You can spray the mold with cooking spray to make them release. If the surface is smooth or has a light texture you can use plastic wrap before filling to make the release easier. I would suggest to put a positive and negative rib (don't know the technical name) so the halves do not slide and I would also route a grove on each side to accept mold sealer. Also carve a relief in the top and bottom to accept the wick. I would do it for you but the .mpc was made in a newer version than I have.

Aha! Now that Dan educated me on how use designer 1.xx, here is the bolt candle mpc in version 1.xx.

A series of alignment pins could also be useful to ensure perfect alignment. To carve the mold sealant groove I would imagine you can simply outline the pattern, flip to the outside and then carve a shallow groove to accept the mold sealant.

Steve, its actually a 3d object split down the middle and then ported into Designer as stl's. The threads match up because they are two halves of the same object.

The first deep groove bolt is a mirror image and will line up but not be a true thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails split bolt.png  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast