Thread: Issues with Cutout

1. Default Issues with Cutout

I was able to get most of my imported image to cutout using the Pierce Through. There is one area that won't work out the way i want. I'm trying to get the area above the gear in between the compass to cut out completely like the rest of the image. i just started using this software so i'm unsure how to get this done. can someone help. attached is the file i'm currently working.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Since the "outline" feature did not give you a closed path for all of the areas you will need to manually draw/trace the path area and then you should be able to do a cut path for the cut outs.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

How exactly do I do that? I'm new to this software so any help would be great.

I assume you got any answer to this, but if not you just need to use the drawing tools to outline the area the want cut out. this will create a closed path allowing you to you the cut path tool for that area.