Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drilling Holes

Default Drilling Holes

Can you drill holes along a path like you can with text Thanks Bert

Quote Originally Posted by papawbummie View Post
    Can you drill holes along a path like you can with text Thanks Bert
    It is not an automatic fill. You can draw it as a guide, but you have to manually place the drill holes.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

If you have vertices along the path and you want the drill holes at the vertices, you can snap the holes to the vertices. There is a trick. Otherwise, like Connie says, you would have to manually place the drills.

Hi Bert, I make a lot of cribbage boards that do not have "regular" lines of holes. They curve in and out and around. So our buddy Connie suggested this and it really works! Using the spline, arc, and line tools. I draw a path to follow and then use "Decorate with Text" to populate the path. I use xxxxx01xxxxx02xxxxx03 etc until I get to 24 sets of 5 x's. And then I drill holes .45 deep at each x and draw a line at each number. I usually make three track boards and this works pretty darn well. Thanks again Connie for the idea.

Thanks all Bert

Quote Originally Posted by rickroy View Post
    Hi Bert, I make a lot of cribbage boards that do not have "regular" lines of holes. They curve in and out and around. So our buddy Connie suggested this and it really works! Using the spline, arc, and line tools. I draw a path to follow and then use "Decorate with Text" to populate the path. I use xxxxx01xxxxx02xxxxx03 etc until I get to 24 sets of 5 x's. And then I drill holes .45 deep at each x and draw a line at each number. I usually make three track boards and this works pretty darn well. Thanks again Connie for the idea.
    That is pretty slick... So you delete the text after placing the drill holes?

What version has "decorate with text" ?

Might be time to upgrade just for that feature....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You need the pro version to get the Decorate with text. The pro version, however, also comes with Pattern along Trajectory. The Pattern along Trajectory works even better than Decorate with Text since the patterns really are equally spaced. Make a pattern of a 1/8" hole and use along the trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by rickroy View Post

I had forgotten about that suggestion. Glad it worked for you and hope others can use it, too.

Decorate with Text was introduced in 2.0 (No longer for sale, so Designer PRO.)
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Looks like Pro 3 and DXF is in my near future...

Teaching a old dog new tricks....

Great thread...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Here is a look at a cribbage board I am currently making for a client who is getting married in Maui. I have left the "Decorate with Text" visible so that you can see how I use it. After all of the holes are set, I make it invisible. I don't delete it as I might decide to put the holes "off-shore." I might also use a topographical map of Maui to add details. Yet to come are some wedding rings and palm trees ... this is a work in progress.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maui.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	79655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close uo DwT.jpg 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	79653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maui with DwT.jpg 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	79654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mauimap.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	79656

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast