Thread: Challenge coin display box

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Challenge coin display box

I saw this concept on a website and thought what a great idea.

I made it my own by using wooden hinges and the inside bottom is carved with my old Air Force specialty badge.

The box measure's 5"x10"x5". The top is slotted to display the challenge coins. Only glue and dowels holding the box together. I have the first coat of poly on now. 3 to 4 more coats to go but wanted to show off. I am really pleased on how it came out. The execution came out really close to what I had envisioned. The hinge brackets were cut with the CW. I only had to redo one of them. The CW lost track on the last one and cut it weird. Still only about like 3 out of 10 times on getting a perfect cut. The board had a very slight twist so I know why it lost track. The hinge brackets look great so no real complaints and made some extras for next time.

Learning how to do 3d animation as well. The video is what I was going for. I think it came out close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZidrpL3TY8

Made my own black walnut wooden dowels today for this use. The hinge pin was supposed to be across the box but as I was forcing it through it snapped in the middle so cut it down to the edge of the hinges. I think it looks good this way as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Challenge coin display box.jpg   Challenge coin display box2.jpg