Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candle Holders: A Twisted Pair

Very nice indeed Steve.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Thanks to all for the kind words.
    Steve

Interesting that you mentioned it smelled like Vicks. I was just looking up that wood because I have never seen a Myrtle Wood tree and didn't know where they grow. The website I browsed mentioned the leaves when ground work as a flea repellent and sometimes a substitute for Bay leaves when cooking. I like the counter rotation idea in a matched set. Great job!

Back when we were playing with the home made rotary jigs I was wondering here on the forum if a rope could be done. I did it years ago with my Craftsman Router Crafter. I will have to try that.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    Back when we were playing with the home made rotary jigs I was wondering here on the forum if a rope could be done. I did it years ago with my Craftsman Router Crafter. I will have to try that.
    Clint
    Clint,

The process I used requires a lathe to drill a 3/4" hole through the center and stop 1 1/2" short of the top end. You will also have to turn a jam chuck to plug the base end for the rotary jig. It's also easier to sand if you mount the finished carve back in the lathe. Here are the files. Let me know how they turn out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-22-2016 at 05:21 PM.
    Steve

Thank you! I still haven totally caught up from being swamped before Christmas. When I get time to play I will work on it.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I know I'm still taking baby steps, but wow, these are very nice and encouraging that maybe someday I will get better! Practice, practice, practice! Thank you for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by loretta_byerly View Post
    I know I'm still taking baby steps, but wow, these are very nice and encouraging that maybe someday I will get better! Practice, practice, practice! Thank you for sharing!!
    Thank you Loretta.
    Steve

Steve very nice. I have never used Myrtle wood is it a hard wood like Maple. I have used wood from Africa and other parts of the world that are very hard .

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Steve very nice. I have never used Myrtle wood is it a hard wood like Maple. I have used wood from Africa and other parts of the world that are very hard .
    It's actually relatively soft. About the same as Pine or Fir. To me, it's the odor that is overpowering. I finished the project over a week ago and I can still smell it in my shop.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12