Thread: modeling resolution

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Lets say I have a job size of 24x 24 I import a stl that is 20 x 20 are you saying that this would effect my carving if so Aspire has issues and so much for nesting stls.
    You won't notice much loss of resolution in that example (loss still occurs). But, let's say you put that same 20 x20 STL on an area 36 x 36. You will definitely be able to see the loss of quality. The bigger you go beyond the actual job size, the more resolution loss you will notice. Again, the PDF explains this very clearly and in detail. the video touches on it and shows an example in the presentation. The video is the "shorthand" version of the resolution vs job layout size. You'll get the complete explanation in the PDF. And, it's not a defect or "special" issue with Aspire...all the major pixel-based CAM software is the same. If you have a job with only vector cuts, resolution is not a concern in any case. It's only raster models, which as you may know, an STL model is instantly converted to a pixel-based model once imported into a pixel-based CAM software.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 01-15-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══