Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darn drones

Nice work "LiquidDrones"....
    Hmm not a bad name...

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Hmm not a bad name...
    It's the first thing I thought.... Liquiddrones....

Continue the Excellent tradition mastering and excelling in many formats...

Just a thought..... could you design them in 5 parts.... HUGE Body and 4 Motor parts.... Within the CW 14 inches?

AL

I would buy the Liquiddrones dot com

The first thing I did was buy PoconoDigitalFlyboxes dot com when the idea hit me... Could help with marketing someday.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-16-2016 at 01:05 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The spectrum's are nice. I bought a cheap CT6 to get back into modeling after getting out back in the 70's. So much has changed since I was a kid in the 60's learning to fly line control and my grandfathers rc aircraft. A four channel radio system back then had a fraction of the features and would set you back $500.00 dollars U.S.. A large sum of money back then.

Have you you seen the Video showing a hundred or so drones flying in formation and putting on a light show? It set a new world record for drones.

I found the drone formation video again on Gizmag.com

A couple of photos from my childhood box of memories I still have. In the box are a couple of "bleep box" radio transmitters. An old Orbit radio servo. An escapement rubber band powered radio receiver. A couple of spare heads from Cox .15 and .020 engines. The old radio handbook was in it's fourth printing and was from 1957, it was my grandfathers. We have come a long way since then at least in cost.

You mentioned vacuum casting. Did you mean vacuum forming or vacuum casting? Vacuum casting is usually used for metals and the vacuum former I have is used for plastics. It was common when I was a kid for modelers to carve a balsa canopy and put it in a vacuum former with a sheet of plastic. When it got hot enough to start drooping you would turn on the vacuum and drop the plastic down to the top of the canopy form. The vacuum would pull through the holes in the base, sucking the sheet of plastic tight around your model. They used to make rc car bodies the same way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

So many hobbies. so little time. Arrrggggh.

Very nice gents!

Nice LG... and a product that can deliver itself! ; -) I'm guessing the reference to the vacuum press is to use the CW to make a carbon fiber / resin form, in order to create strong, but light bodies...

I'm guessing the reference to the vacuum press is to use the CW to make a carbon fiber / resin form,
    Yes I have the pump but man i do not want to make carbon dust when cutting the details what a mess... so a slip form could be cleaner....

Why can't you do a larger one in 2 pieces and glue it together like a large sign?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

That will work. The shells are thin .125" I would need to add a cleat or two down the joint, that would allow bigger sizes for sure on the CW!

Or do an "X" with a overlapping joint on the middle. You can make any size you want that way! The grain would be length wise for strength as well.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast