Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darn drones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Darn drones

I been having a lot of fun making drones with Designer software Designer lets you quickly make thin shell body's then carve them! bigger ones export using Sculptor for larger machines. I only wish Designer had a wider job size to fit the big rigs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7823[1].jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	79578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkyMiteR004.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	79579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OctopowerR004.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	79580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calloutreg.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	79581
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 01-16-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Right now I am using maple and for the bigger ones I use 1" MDF. I hoping to do some Vacuum press soon.

Anything over 14" needs to be off center then saved to Lightwave or other 3D software to mirror. Here is what it looks like the job size is 15 wide. I think this could be a good class project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LaDrone.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	79582

Nice LG... and a product that can deliver itself! ; -) I'm guessing the reference to the vacuum press is to use the CW to make a carbon fiber / resin form, in order to create strong, but light bodies...

I'm guessing the reference to the vacuum press is to use the CW to make a carbon fiber / resin form,
    Yes I have the pump but man i do not want to make carbon dust when cutting the details what a mess... so a slip form could be cleaner....

For model airplane plans try here: www.modelaircraft.org/plans/plans.aspx

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

Thank you very much!

Cool! Is the 14" limit a Designer limit or just a Carvewright machine limit? I'd be very tested to draw that with the tools that came with the basic Designer. If you draw within the 14" limit, could you export as a STL file and import into an external program where it can be scaled to any size you like? FreeCad comes to mind as a cheap way to do it and if it starts getting too angular you can increase the triangulation.

I've been tempted to buy some cheaper fpv transmitters and flight controllers from Banggood.com and build something larger than the midgets I've been flying. With the free shipping it's hard to say no to the advertisements in my mail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast