Thread: Rear access through cover

Default Rear access through cover

Whenever I have to remove the cover from my machine, I find it difficult to squeeze my hands under the cover to plug in the wires. I cut an access door in the back of the cover. Just flip open the door and you can easily reach anything that needs to be hooked up after the cover is replaced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160111_091531.jpg   20160111_091557_001.jpg  

My top is off right now! Am I the only one that's ever looked at one of these with the top off and thought about making it permanent? Things are so much easier to see and get at. The dust collection ideas would open up also.

3. Default

I took my top off 8 years ago... and the back end panel also.

Both have been sitting on the shelf ever since.

By passed the switches. (eliminating a whole list of headache/error issues).
    Rerouted the scanner probe wires no problem.

Yes. Yes. I know...voids warranty... danger. danger. Speech heard and acknowledged. Proceed at your own risk.

Great convenience for use, maintenance and repairs..

Easier bit changes. a lot less dust build up. easier clean up. easier to lubricate
    quicker repair times. easy access to add dust collector.

BUT...of course...

Use safety glasses... just like with ALL shop tools
    AND
    don't put your hands near moving parts...just like with ALL shop tools.

OH... and my lawyer says I should tell you that this advice is not advisable, and not endorsed, condoned, or supported by Carvewright