Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory card issues.

ValaamIconA.mpc Thank You very much.

I have no problem if its not a card problem that was the only thing I could think of.

I took blhutchens suggestion and re did the whole thing and had the frame and letters etc at .45 and of course always best bit optimization.

Also took your advice and put a draft on the frame I used medium instead of small because I like the looks better.

I loaded it on the flash at optimal and it gave me a 5 hour carve time this time. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

AL its not a seven inch rule issue. You taught me that a couple years ago when I messed up a cribbage board by not following that rule. I have followed it ever since. Every time a carve is finished I keep telling myself that I need to learn how to use a sled so Im not wasting so much wood but I have yet to venture into that project.
    Now to go cut and tape up a board and make some more saw dust of course after my shop warms up for a bit and getting some breakfast.

I'll check back before I start carving incase anyone else has any other tips or sees a flaw in my plan. Thank you everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    It could be that there is nothing really wrong. The time estimate is just an estimate and, in this case, it was pretty far off.

The carving came out really well except the letters they are doable but my design work needs a lot of improvements. I think I figured out the mystery of the time discrepancy. I think it might be due to scaling. I haven't really ever dealt with it and didn't notice the size difference with any of the finished products until the last one when I decided to measure it and it was considerably smaller then the pattern. Thank you all for the help.

Ambrose Stapleton.

How could that have happened? The virtual board size in Designer is the same size as the pattern and you say you follow the 7 inch rule. It should not have mattered whether you answered yes or no to stay under the rollers; it should not have even asked you to scale. Did it ask you to scale?

(The fact that it did scale certainly explains the time discrepancy. Al nails it again!)

How could that have happened? The virtual board size in Designer is the same size as the pattern and you say you follow the 7 inch rule. It should not have mattered whether you answered yes or no to stay under the rollers; it should not have even asked you to scale. Did it ask you to scale?

(The fact that it did scale certainly explains the time discrepancy. Al nails it again!)
    Another WAG that gets lucky... Wild AL Guess....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

After I figured out that the time discrepancy was due to scaling I figured out that my Board was only 11 inches wide and not the required 15 inches it needed and that's why it scaled it.. I had it mixed up in my head when I designed the project. Live and learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12