Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memory card issues.

Default Memory card issues.

I uploaded a pattern and put it on the highest quality which was supposed to take a little over 7 hours but it only took 4 hours to carve. I reloaded the pattern and same thing happened. Any suggestions as what to do.

thank you
    Ambrose Stapleton

How was the carve quality?

When you use the "flash manger" what does is show for the carve setting for the project?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	535064_10153362196696687_5533620753389766920_n.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	79363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10172784_10153362196726687_7453474394054617558_n.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	79364I'm just at a loss as to what's going on. I've carved many Icons before and have never encountered this type of problem. The customer wanted it carved really deep I tried to explain that it wont come out very good but he insisted. The subject of the Icon is great the frame, the letters and the accents aren't. I went through a lot of trouble to find the pattern which only one person has it for sale.ForAlex.mpc Im still using 1.187

I have been playing with it some. Can you carve the Icon deep and the accents and border almost as deep (.45) with the height at 100 or less and bit optimization at best?
    This will give the Icon full depth with the look of the accents as being behind.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

I do not understand the problem here. Is it just that the time estimate was so far off or was the carve quality also bad. Did it carve like normal when it should have carved optimal?

(I would use some draft. The frame pattern involves a lot of vertical cuts. This also may be a reason for the poor time estimate.)

The machine worked the way it was supposed to with the exception of the carve time being way off. It was supposed to be 7 hours on optimal which is how I loaded it on the card. It only took 4 hours from start to finish and I have carved it twice with the same results minus the changes I made for the depth of the letters and the angels. Also the frame isn't as good as I hoped for there are way to many spots that stick out really far. Because of the time issues of the carve I didn't know if it was a problem with the card or if its something else. I have never carved anything on normal so I don't know how that looks I usually just carve everything on best. I posted a picture of the carve on my first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not understand the problem here. Is it just that the time estimate was so far off or was the carve quality also bad. Did it carve like normal when it should have carved optimal?

(I would use some draft. The frame pattern involves a lot of vertical cuts. This also may be a reason for the poor time estimate.)

Im just getting moving for the day so I will play around with it and see how .45 looks.

Quote Originally Posted by blhutchens View Post
    I have been playing with it some. Can you carve the Icon deep and the accents and border almost as deep (.45) with the height at 100 or less and bit optimization at best?
    This will give the Icon full depth with the look of the accents as being behind.

It could be that there is nothing really wrong. The time estimate is just an estimate and, in this case, it was pretty far off.

It is not a card problem that is causing your change in carve time.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

This is a WAG.... Wild AL Guess.... Any chance this is really a 7 inch's of wood rule problem.... Where it asked you to stay under the rollers and made the actual carving 1/2 the size because the machine took the 7 inches of wood from the end of the board to stay under the rollers...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast