Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/32 carving bits available anymore?

I would like the opportunity to purchase an item, even if the text says "out of stock until appox Jan 30". That way I can get in line for the arrivals, and you know how many back orders you have and you might end up ordering more before the current order arrives

Quote Originally Posted by dickcash View Post
    It shouldn't cost anything. Don't think you need a new e-store provider.

Just leave the product up but change the text in the item description to reflect it's temporary status. At least then the product exists as an option. We could still read about it and budget to purchase when available.
    Can't be too hard to edit the text of the description.

For instance...currently the rubber traction belts seem unavailable.
    When trying to buy one we get this

Attachment 79345

Like they don't exist.

obviously they are out of stock but I only know that from reading the forum discussions.

If you can't give us the part right now at least let us look at a picture of it with the specifications and price while we wait.

No cost and improved customer satisfaction.
    Except for the customers that are not satisfied, because they will order them anyway and then get upset that their credit card was charged, but product not delivered. It's a "no win" situation which ever way we do it. Yes, we can and have edited the description before. We have done it both ways and there is always someone that is not happy...
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    I would like the opportunity to purchase an item, even if the text says "out of stock until appox Jan 30". That way I can get in line for the arrivals, and you know how many back orders you have and you might end up ordering more before the current order arrives

We will have plenty when they arrive. It is not a partial shipment.

I was actually thinking more generally, not just the bit. I think there was a period last year when brushes were out of stock several times, and I think that the demand wasn't being tracked well enough to keep the stock level up. If you were able to order under a "back order" status, it would allow LHR to monitor that demand.

Just a thought 20 years of retail and 30 years of inventory management speaking here.

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    I was actually thinking more generally, not just the bit. I think there was a period last year when brushes were out of stock several times, and I think that the demand wasn't being tracked well enough to keep the stock level up. If you were able to order under a "back order" status, it would allow LHR to monitor that demand.

Just a thought 20 years of retail and 30 years of inventory management speaking here.
    I very much agree that we need better tracking of inventory. The other issue was the old manufacturer's ability to deliver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12