Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: windows 10 anyone

I've had no problems on Windows 10 so far with designer 3. So far Windows 10 has run everything I ever used on Windows 7 with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Can you explain?
    When I open Sculptor the window freezes and nothing works. I have to force close it. And yes, I did "run as Administrator" when I installed it 4 times. I didn't report it.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-29-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    Steve

Anyone else on here running Windows 10 & Pattern Sculptor?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    I was under the impression that 1.187 was the last basic designer (free) update. Is there a 1.198 version?
    Ooooops... A case of CRS..... Can't remember STUFF.... 1.187 is what I am using....

Getting old... Working too hard... Worked all through Christmas including Christmas day doing the 600 tag order... finished tonight.... ship tomorrow.

A single key goes on each orange lock out tag to keep the keys from getting lost.

A $10.5K check is waiting on delivery... That's for his 3 projects... And he is gathering data for his other smaller refinery.

Need a few days off...

AL or some days.... LA.... dyslexic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05468_WEB.jpg   DSC05454_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-29-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hey Al,
    What material are those tags made from? I have a piece of rowmark sign material that looks similar to your tags but whem I use centerline text on it, it melted and the chips got stuck in the letters. Looks like crap. Thanks mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewiz View Post
    Hey Al,
    What material are those tags made from? I have a piece of rowmark sign material that looks similar to your tags but whem I use centerline text on it, it melted and the chips got stuck in the letters. Looks like crap. Thanks mike.
    This is FRP or Fiber Plastic with sort of a sheet rock inside along with fibers. It is a Unisub product in white only with a poly coating on top that works for the Sublimation Process or Heat Press transfer.

I did play around with Engraving plastic in 2007 and found that if I took my Star912 Rotary Engraver 6 inch long 1/4 inch cutters and cut them on my chain saw chain grinder they worked. See the cutter tip for plastic is designed to throw the chip out not melt...

I have not done much since then. I had the best luck with a Single Stroke Font called Modern and used OUTLINE Mode rather than Centerline and the bit went around the letter leaving a pretty good engraving. As you get bigger you would see the center left uncut.

I bet you could make some pretty nice tags if you got the bits and methods down... Good Luck. Let me know if you need any help.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03577_WEB.jpg   DSC03585_WEB.jpg   DSC03581_WEB.jpg   DSC02811_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-30-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    When I open Sculptor the window freezes and nothing works. I have to force close it. And yes, I did "run as Administrator" when I installed it 4 times. I didn't report it.
    Hi Steve,

Did you try running in Compatibility Mode? (i.e., run Sculptor in Win 7 Compatibility Mode to see if it works for you on your system)

You probably already know how to do that, but here is a step-by-step procedure (see link below), just in case it will be helpful:

http://www.windows10forums.com/artic...bility-mode.7/
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 12-31-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Steve,

Did you try running in Compatibility Mode? (i.e., run Sculptor in Win 7 Compatibility Mode to see if it works for you on your system)

You probably already know how to do that, but here is a step-by-step procedure (see link below), just in case it will be helpful:

http://www.windows10forums.com/artic...bility-mode.7/
    Thanks Michael but I did that before re-installing the 1st time. It turns out that the problem was screen resolution. I had the magnification set to 150%. After reducing it to 125% everything seems to work okay. When the magnification was set too high the control buttons were off the screen and I couldn't do anything. I use Aspire to create and edit most of my patterns so I really don't use Sculptor much anyway.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-31-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    Steve

Glad it's working now. Yeah, scaling screen view/fonts can sometimes goof-up programs' interface usability. A recent post at the Vectric forum had similar issues...turn off oversize scaling and all was well again.

I use Sculptor along with Aspire, quite frequently. Sculptor does an outstanding job of reducing thicknesses of models without losing all the detail. It takes some experience to get familiar with suitable scale, contrast and grid settings, but it's pretty easy to get good results, even though the settings won't be the same from model-to-model. Sculptor's relief "squishing" is similar to Blender, but better, I think.

Another thing I like is the wider range of strength in Sculptor for the sculpting tools. I do most smoothing and sculpting in Sculptor after making a bas relief from a 3D model or a "too-thick" 2.5D relief model. Because I can access a greater range of weak-to-strong, it makes my work go a lot faster than in other programs, in most cases. I will often do final fine-tuning of more complex models in Aspire due to the ability to "slice and dice" and when I need to combine and/or layer multiple model components, though.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Glad it's working now. Yeah, scaling screen view/fonts can sometimes goof-up programs' interface usability. A recent post at the Vectric forum had similar issues...turn off oversize scaling and all was well again.

I use Sculptor along with Aspire, quite frequently. Sculptor does an outstanding job of reducing thicknesses of models without losing all the detail. It takes some experience to get familiar with suitable scale, contrast and grid settings, but it's pretty easy to get good results, even though the settings won't be the same from model-to-model. Sculptor's relief "squishing" is similar to Blender, but better, I think.

Another thing I like is the wider range of strength in Sculptor for the sculpting tools. I do most smoothing and sculpting in Sculptor after making a bas relief from a 3D model or a "too-thick" 2.5D relief model. Because I can access a greater range of weak-to-strong, it makes my work go a lot faster than in other programs, in most cases. I will often do final fine-tuning of more complex models in Aspire due to the ability to "slice and dice" and when I need to combine and/or layer multiple model components, though.
    I agree that there are a some functions in Sculptor that seem to work pretty good but it seems that every time I use it I have to compensate or deal with things that are not quite right. These two pics are an example. Both are the same STL file and one was imported using Sculptor and the other using the STL importer in Designer. Of course the one imported using the STL importer has to be opened in Sculptor or the Pattern editor and saved back to Designer favorites list to correct for the "pierced" setting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pattern Editor.png   Sculptor.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-04-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Steve

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast