Thread: Text in Lithophane

Default Text in Lithophane

I'm preparing to do text in a Lithophane. When I go to upload the .mpc, I get a warning the "Carve too deep" for bit selected. Going to the board preferences, the pattern bit is showing 1/16 bullnose bit.
    In the .mpc I did the text with a 60 deg. bit. I understand with the 1/16 bit it would be to deep. My question is why in the board preference the 60 deg is not listed? Does this require an add-on feature to show
    all possible bits? I'm using Designer 1.187. The material is candlestone (like corian), 8 x 10 x .25.

Any help would be appreciated in understanding this issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The "pattern bit" is for raster carves. Did the machine ask for the 1/16" bit or your 60* bit?

In your board settings you are showing the thickness as 0.203" try changing it to 0.250".
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I did change the thickness to .25 and the machine did ask for 60 deg bit. It carved just fine.

Thanks for the input.

To answer your question about the board settings menu, it only shows what the selected raster bit is. There is no other window where you can see a list of all bits used on your design like straight bits our V bits. I wish there was because on more than one occasion I've had a lot of 60 degree V vectors and accidentally set one or two to 90 degree. There's no easy way to detect the error until you run the carve and it asks you to load a bit you didn't expect.