Thread: Cut Motor Destroyed!

1. Default Cut Motor Destroyed!

Ok here is the back story.....my cut motor kept locking up and shutting down in the middle of a project. X axis stall I believe was the error. So I abandon the project, open up the machine and clean it out thinking that there may be dust or chips causing the problem. Restart the project and it runs just fine and complete the carve. This did not happen often so I didn't think much about it since the cleaning got it back up and running. However, the problem started becoming more frequent and then the motor just stopped working. Completed all the user tests and everything passed. Ran a cut motor test and the screen said motor was working properly BUT the motor was not actually turning on. So I did some research and decided to try and replace the cut brushes. This is when I discovered the chaos that was going on. Somehow the motor casing is shattered. I'm thinking maybe plastic got into the motor and is causing problems???? IDK. I attached a couple of pictures of what I discovered when I removed the motor.

Any ideas on what caused this? (no it has not been dropped)
    And can I get a replacement motor?
    What other concerns should I have after discovering this? Are other parts affected from this damage?

Thanks for any info you may have. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151218_174521.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	79154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151218_174512.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.39 MB 
ID:	79155

Others have had this problem. I have not heard of a good reason why it happens. Vibration, heat,... ? It appears that the cut motors are back ordered at LHR:

http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=384&page=1

3. Default

Maybe this is a sign to get the cx model. Lol.