Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picture to Pattern

Here is my attempt. I think that if you took the picture out of the book and scanned it directly we might get something better to work with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails barn 8 screen shot.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's not in a book. It's on a calendar. Thanks for what you did. I will try this one. Roy

Roy, it is possible to make a good pattern from the picture but it will take either a lot of cleaning up of the picture or making a pattern that has to be made from scratch. Here is a quick rough example of a made from scratch one but either way it will take time and a bit of work to make.

It would probably be a better way to go if you can find a cleaner picture with the same theme that you are looking for. - Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old shed.png  

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Roy, it is possible to make a good pattern from the picture but it will take either a lot of cleaning up of the picture or making a pattern that has to be made from scratch. Here is a quick rough example of a made from scratch one but either way it will take time and a bit of work to make.

It would probably be a better way to go if you can find a cleaner picture with the same theme that you are looking for. - Oscar
    That came out really nice, If it were me I say remove the background, leave the shed and tractor and its a great pattern!

Funny. I thought the shed and tractor looked naked without a background so added the background. Here is the naked pattern. This way you can add your own backgrounds.

This is pretty rough. For speed I modeled one board and then duplicated it and changed the size for the remainder of the boards. I wasn't too careful in aligning them either so again pretty rough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old shed2.png  

Thank you very much. I think this will work. I will post after i finish the sign. Thanks again. Roy

Oscar, outstanding job... I been trying to learn the blender I think it's way above my grade level... I been thinking on the moi3d..it don't look as if if would be that hard as the blender.

Its all about getting past that user interface and figuring out the techniques to use. Okay, Blender is a beast. I've only touched the surface after almost two years of playing with it.

From what I have seen there are many areas that are way easier to do with moi3d vs blender. In that respect, the 3d module for Designer has some good features as well.

On a different topic, I uploaded the door knocker project this weekend to my card but saw it is a 2.5 hr carve so think I will test carve it after the holidays.

oscarl48 Thanks i have almost finished my sign.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0208.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	79228 Thanks Roy

Very cool. Thank you for sharing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast