Thread: Where to put patterns so they show up in the software.

Default Where to put patterns so they show up in the software.

I have downloaded some patterns form the forum and need to know where to put them so they show up in the pattern tool in the software.

To get the patterns added to your favorites list you can either just double click the pattern or from the file tab select open and go to the pattern location. Either will open up a window for bringing then into the software.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You should put them in a folder. Then in designer software open file, then import, import image file, from file. Pick the pattern you want. Click next, Click finish. Give it a name and save. The file will be in your pattern tool library.

Quote Originally Posted by LJCorbin View Post
    I have downloaded some patterns form the forum and need to know where to put them so they show up in the pattern tool in the software.
    Hi; welcome to the Forum.
    When I started making my patterns back in 2008, when I purchased my first CW Unit I stored all my patterns in File Folders with the MPC, MPW, PTN, and the black and white Grayscale images, and a Screen Print of the Project. (the MPC file.)

I started saving my patterns on CD and DVD's

CD's hold about 200 patterns - DVD's hold about 600 patterns.

This depends on the Pattern file size. (about 4 to 8 MB for each pattern)

I offer my patterns for sale on DVD's and CD's; It's easy to find your patterns with the photo images.

The files you download from the forum; Just make another folder and add a screen print.

I now use USB Drives; You can make changes on these devices if you need to. They cost more that the CD and DVD's. BJB

If you send me an E-Mail address on a "PM" I can send you some samples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DVD Image.jpg   Big Goat Image SP.PNG   Eagle Image SP.PNG   ELK Image SP.PNG  

Horse - 3 Image SP.PNG   Wheat Image SP.PNG   Wreath of Roses Image SP.PNG  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-26-2016 at 12:57 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by LJCorbin View Post
    You have to import each pattern individually into the Pattern list. I keep my patterns and projects in a folder that I have designated as a Google drive folder. That way everything is automatically backed up to the google drive on the net. It's cheap too. About $10.00 a month for a terabyte of storage space.
    Steve

I have a 2TB external HD and every Friday my files and folders are backed up and on the 1st of each month there is a full backup. I use "Backup Now EZ". I also have a UPS (a battery backup) so I have time to shut my computer down when the power goes out. I live in a rural area.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Thanks, that's what I needed.