Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPM sensor

While you have the machine open it would be a good idea to replace the two 685ZZ Bearings inside the Y Gearbox...

It is suggested to replace them every 250 cut hours.

Will save you from them wearing the shaft and then you need a new Y Gearbox unless you can find a new Y gear.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC09644_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I just purchased a refurb Y gearbox when it comes I will send mine back for a refund

That works !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Ok I changed the brushes and the Y motor went to carve and same problem it says routing figure it starts up and before it even starts to carve the RPMs start to slow down then I get the error message E37-0314 now I have no idea what is wrong. I tried it again and same thing but when it said do I want to proceed I said yes and so far its carving no problem . It's a simple carve centerline text first then a cutout of the shape. any ideas whats wrong never had this happen I have 230 hrs

This may be the infamous "check cut motor" problem. Is your machine on an extension cord or on a circuit with other loads?

Could be a bad X Termination Board. Under machine, look for burnt parts.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X Term board.jpg   Burnt X Termination.jpg  

The machine is on an extension cord but always has been and I never had this issue the board is fine I will post the picture of it. And the project carved no problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1179.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	79203

It maybe that the motor is getting a little older and it does not spin up quite so fast. Many get the "check cut motor" message and just hit continue.

(The E37 message only comes up if you hit stop - right?)

yes when I hit stop I get the message but the motor spins at the high RPM for a couple of seconds but before the bit touches the wood it slows down and then it stops and asks if I want to proceed When I did the check cut motor test it ran no problem.

Yes, what you have is the standard problem many have. For me it would happen only before vector operations like drilling or centerline.

It is a cut motor spin up test. If the motor does not attain a certain high rpm in a certain short time, we get the message.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast