Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carvewright does not boot up

Unhappy Carvewright does not boot up

I have a cravewright B series machine, and have just replaced the y axis motor. When I powered it up the screen just shows black squares on the top line. It appears not to be finishing the boot sequence. Where or how would I start to troubleshoot this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried the contrast knob under the keypad? Maybe it is turned up too high.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Have you tried the contrast knob under the keypad? Maybe it is turned up too high.

First thing I checked, the contrast knob works fine the blocks get really dark and then go away, but no boot up...
    I should have mentioned that, sorry...

Try pressing buttons to see if it is the computer or the display. For example, with a board clamped in, press 7 - Enter. See if it measures the board.

One row of blocks at the top is the behavior my machine displays if the card is not in. So, you may be right, no boot up.

One row of blocks at the top is the behavior my machine displays if the card is not in. So, you may be right, no boot up.
    I believe this is the problem... simply no card installed... since the operating system is on the card.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I believe this is the problem... simply no card installed... since the operating system is on the card.
    I have two carvewrights and both are B machines. I have tried commands assuming that it is the display and nothing happens. I have also removed one card from the other machine and the troubled machine still does not boot, and the good machine boots on the troubled card....

deeper trouble i guess....

Look into the card slot and see if the pins look ok. Maybe the card is not plugging in right.

Look into the card slot and see if the pins look ok. Maybe the card is not plugging in right.
    I removed the bottom cover and could see the pins in the card slot quite well, they all appear OK, two in the middle stick out further,two near the ends are recessed a little and two right at the end also stick out a little further. The card seemed to slide in easily.

Take a good look at all the connections under there. If the connections to the keypad are all good, it looks like the computer could be bad. I do not know how comfortable you are at switching parts, but, if you have two machines, you might switch out the computer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast