Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RPM sensor

I used to have that problem a lot but have not seen it in a long time. I replaced my power supply a while back with a newer version C power supply and think that may have something to do with it.

My machine is a C version and its just over a yr old so I would think it's the same power supply as yours. This is the first time I did just a centerline text with no carving and then just cut the Ptn out see attached picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (27).jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	79208

I'll just chalk it up to luck then. I'll take any luck I can get with the machine.

Yea I have no idea what is going on I changed brushes changed the Z motor cleaned the machine and the motor still did it. I hit continue and it carved fine. I love the machine but boy is it ever temperamental. sometimes I have to load and reload a project tracking errors. Other times it goes right thru. I just changed my sliding plate it looked like it was a little off.

There's nothing you can do to get rid of this problem, other than being lucky it goes away or doesn't show up. It's a bug in the firmware design that seems to be dependent on performance characteristics of the machine.

This is the first time it ever happened and the first time I did a centerline with just a cutout I will see when I do a normal full carve if it shows up. I think bergerud summed it up best and he seems to know this machine inside and out. I am convinced he could build his own.

I always shut the machine off at the end of a carve so I always get the CCM or Check Cut Motor about 20 seconds into a new carve. Try NOT Shutting off the machine between projects and I bet it does NOT give you a CCM.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I always shut the machine off at the end of a carve so I always get the CCM or Check Cut Motor about 20 seconds into a new carve. Try NOT Shutting off the machine between projects and I bet it does NOT give you a CCM.

AL
    I used to get it all the time, regardless of shutting down the machine or not. Over the past six months I've done a lot of vector carves that used to cause the problem a lot and have not had a single one. I even have my machine on an extension cord. It looks like certain unknown characteristics in a machine either makes yours susceptible to it or not. And it can apparently change over time. I'm sure now the next time I use my machine I'm going to get the error again. No wood in the desk I'm sitting at to knock on.......

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post

AL
    I believe I get one, but if I don't shut the machine off it "remembers" and runs at max speed with no error message on subsequent projects.

From what I was told, the test is performed on each project (with vector cuts) but the failure is only reported the first time it occurs. The machine keeps quiet about subsequent failures but does still go into a no speed control, limp mode each time. Rebooting the machine resets the process and one will get that first report again.

This message is not just annoying, it means that the machine is not going to use the speed control. I suppose this could mean burning on corners in centerline text?? In any case, I think one should try and find out why it is happening and fix it.

Beta testers have begged to have the sensitivity of the test dialed down a little but no go. It seems that the machines at LHR do not have the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123