Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPM sensor

Default RPM sensor

Just tried to do a carve and got this error message RPM sensor err E37-0314 the machine has 231 hrs and I could hear the rpms were not right is it possible I need new brushes?

Sounds like it is time to check the brushes.

That's what I figured I will order a new pair

Ok I pulled the top brush out of the motor and checked my brush it looked like it still had about half maybe a little less on it. I tried to run the project again oh and I also did a RPM check and when I spin the bit by hand the rpm numbers go up. When the bit starts the RPMs are up but then it drops off before it starts to carve and I get the check motor message. Any suggestions would be great. I need to get this up I have a few projects to do.

PS I should add I didn't pull the motor out I just took the top brush out and it still looked like it had a little less then half.

Thanks Kevin

Ok I checked the X termination board it looks fine pulled both brushes an checked for crimped wires all looks good I think I will attach some pictures not sure about the brushes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1179.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	79096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1181.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	79097

Well... The brushes look too short.... The copper wire tether acts as a dog leash.. The brushes will ARC to reach the commutator and cost you a new motor... where the brush holder MELTS from the heat.... We have seen that many times before...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06140_WEB.jpg   DSC01471_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

ok so do you think it's the brushes I have a new pair on order already

I would not use the machine until you replace the brushes. The ARC will melt the brush holder and destroy the plastic case and worst case the wood dust inside the motor catches FIRE...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yea I have no intention of using it I can't anyway the RPMs are to slow. I have already ordered new brushes. I wasn't sure when I looked at them they didn't seem bad but I have nothing to compare them too. they have 230 hrs on them. I hope that it it's an easy fix. everything else looked good.

Now I just hope my parts are not on backorder. I order them yesterday but I haven't heard anything from carvewright.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast