Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cut motor

Default cut motor

I havn't started my machine for two months waiting on flex cable, installed the flex cable yesterday and tried to run my project today, it did it's nomal measurements and the cut motor didn't start. I then did a cut motor test and the motor variated in speed.. did another cut motor test and the LED said the cut motor was running but it wasn't running at all where do I start to start my trouble shooting ?

Brushes and wire connections.

I am a little stumped on this one, checked the wire connetors I changed the cut motor bushes a little before the flex cable burned up so I know that the brushes have way under there 250 hr. change.

Give the motor a hit with the palm of your hand while running the test.

You could have a wire in the cut motor that would unplug
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Went and checked my connectors again, they looked ok .. ran another test and it says it running when its not, I haven't took the cut motor out to physical check it. I noticed when I was changing the flex cable the 14 pin plug had a slight crease in it, it didn't look as if the wire was broke could that be my problem?

I do not think the FFC ribbon would have anything to do with it. Give the motor a hit from below and see if you get a reaction. (You are sure it is not the right cover switch, right?)

Dan, I looked at everything, I even checked to make sure that both switches on the cover clicked to make sure, checked if I had resistance on the spindle to make sure it was inserted the only thing that I can do is check the cut motor itself and I'm not looking forward to that task.. I must be getting old..

Some have had a poor connection at the x termination board underneath the machine. You need to check whether power is getting to the motor.

Also look at the X Termination board for any burnt components. Sometimes humidity or condensation causes problems with the x term board.

Look for a snapped off C1 Capacitor leg on the X term board.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07811_WEB.jpg   DSC07813_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast