Thread: BUG - Carving List not changing to match board view

Default BUG - Carving List not changing to match board view

Hello everyone long time no chat! I just updated to Designer 3 and am finishing up a project I started ages ago. One thing I noticed while working with Designer is that when you switch to the board Front or Rear view the carving list display does not follow. In fact in order to get the carving list to change to the current side of the board you have to add some new feature/operation. (I added a drilled hole and then deleted it.)

One other thing I noticed is that the forum software does not work well with the new Edge browser. I had to set it to emulate IE11 in order to type anything here.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Hi Jeff,

Good to "see" you! The Carving List display can be activated/updated for either board side the way you said, but more simply, just by selecting any existing item on the board. When you do that, the correct Carving List will be shown for whichever board side you are viewing.

Can't help with your Edge browser question. I don't have that.

I'll add, I too, prefer the correct Carving List display follows (automatically updates itself) with the board-flip with no additional input required on our part. Perhaps that's something that can be looked at for a future update.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 12-12-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael! That was the trick I was not remembering. Glad to see familiar 'faces' on the forum.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!