Thread: How many of you make a living with the CarveWright?

Default How many of you make a living with the CarveWright?

Just wondering how many of the members here are in business for themselves and actually make a living with their CarveWright?

If you do, what is the secret to your success? Are you doing custom niche work? Are you doing flat production work?

Just curious...
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

That is an interesting question. Why not make a poll thread?

I have posted numerous times... I use my CW's to make money in my business cutting plastic sheet stock into tags and cutting handles and plastic for Accountability boards. I am shipping the last of a $4K order today and started a $6K order for the same customer, a Safety Manager at a Oil Refinery.

And I want to play with the Fly Box side of the Business when the Snow fly's. Going to do full color epoxy dome inserts in the fly boxes too along with Laser Engraving.

Just ordered a "Drillnado" a Dust Collection Tube for a Drill Press from MCLS to see if I can adapt it to the CW.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...illnado_anchor

AL

Update on the Drillnado. Got it but it is too wide, about the size of a coffee cup. Talked to the owner of Drillnado and He is familiar with the CW and suggested some 1.5 inch plumbing drain parts with the bellow plastic. Order some from Lowes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05403_WEB.jpg   DSC05440_WEB.jpg   DSC05420_WEB.jpg   DSC05197.JPG  

DSC04314a.jpg   DSC04597_WEB.jpg   DSC03911_WEB.jpg   DSC05348_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-10-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al, I do love the way your mind works! Keep us up to date

If I was trying to make a living with my.. two.. that's right two carvewights I'd starve to death ! I only use it as a hobby machine for my own use.. I tried at the farmers market for two yrs and it was $10.00 each day you set up and had a lot of ata boy's got tired sitting in the rain and heat I said enough was enough, had $3500 between programs, carvewright and wood and made a total of $596 in two years...I live in a tourist town I felt more like an entertainer than a business man. needless to say I have a lot of wood be examples in that I use in the house, so I show them off when people come over. I have so much inventory that I have a spear bedroom that I am going to set up so I can look at "em" and pat myself on the back..lol
    Last edited by aokweld101; 12-09-2015 at 01:05 PM.

I do make money with the Carve Wright machines, I do production work for one customer about once a year.
    I do 6 to 8 craft shows each year where I sell items at the shows and then I get orders after the shows too from my web site.
    I am a START U member and I talk to people on how to enhance their woodworking by buying a machine, sometime I get 3 or 4
    people that want to see the machine in action which results in sales.
    I carry a booklet with me to show past projects that I have done and it give them ideas too.
    But most of all I sell possiblies of what the machine can do.
    The sales keeps me in expense money for material, machine repair, etc., so I think of this a profit.
    I think of it as a hobby where I can make money. The sign I just posted was a direct sale based on conservation at a craft show a few years ago.
    Perry B.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

7. Default

I have a used machine that I got from a friend a few years ago. I have not been able to buy any extras except centerline. I make an average of 200-400 a month with some months none and others $800 (gross sales, profit is about 40% ) so thats where I get the average from. I do a few craft shows, a lot of word of mouth. Mostly signs and urns but some of everything from boxes to plaques and crosses. I can't live off the machine but I do make money to supplement my income. The machine cost me $500 so It has way over paid for itself.

Anyone else?
    Do you guys know someone else who does make a living with their machine/s?
    How about that LiquidGuitars guy?
    Or Nan?
    What's the deal with StartU, Perry? Are you essentially a CarveWright Dealer?
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Yes I am a CW DEALER, at a local Christmas celebration in town, there were only a few vendors there.
    many parents visited my booth and were instrested how I was able to make my products.
    l showed them how CW could enhance their wood working projects, this results into demos at my home and possible
    sales.
    I also pick some custom projects, service award projects for the local shireff and a large sign for a local mayor who passed away.
    you can make money with CW machines.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."