Thread: Upgraded to Designer Pro and old designs take longer and are not as clean!

Angry Upgraded to Designer Pro and old designs take longer and are not as clean!

i recently upgraded to Designer 3 (Pro) and these text carves that ran in about 40 minutes on the prior release now take 1 hour and 24 minutes AND the text carvings are not nearly as clean. I watched the carving head and it puts dots down before it actually carves the letter, it carves part of the letter which looks reasonably good, then goes back and lays down more dots, screwing up the smoothness of what it had already carved. I'm making a plaque using text with a TTF font and centerline carving. I went back to my old version of designer, rebuilt the pattern since the new version was not able to be used by the old version, and it runs in less than 1/2 of the time and is much cleaner. It does not go back over the ketters already carved, messing them up. Any idea what could be going on with designer Pro? I'm not happy about spending that kind of money for an upgrade that performs this badly!! Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I do not think I have seen this problem before with the upgrade.

When you upgraded did you flash the card with the new firmware version?
    Did you run the older version carve with the same firmware?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I don't remember ever seeing this either.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!