Greetings,

I'm using Designer 1.187 and I have the stl importer and the pattern editor plugins.

I've created a stl file using the free version of Sketchup that's been upgraded with an stl exporter plugin. I've pulled this file into Carvewright's pattern importer and sliced off a piece exactly the thickness of my board which is .750 thick. I've saved this as a pattern. While in Designer I've created a new project with a board thickness of .750 and plenty of width and length to test my pattern. When I select my just created pattern and place it on my board I notice the X and Y sizes are off in the windows. In other words; I wrote down the X and Y sizes of the slice prior to making it a pattern and they are different than the X and Y sizes now showing in Designer with the pattern highlighted. Also the X and Y's are off by different amounts. To confuse the issue even further, I've found that if I now rotate the selected pattern 90 degrees the X and Y values change again. These values for X and Y are also off by different amounts. To confuse the issue even further I tried to make a cut path from the pattern with no inset value and noticed the numbers changed again! Flipping the cut showed the cut moving on the screen but the numbers in the X and Y boxes in Designer did not change leaving one to wonder just where this thing is actually going to cut? Changing the bit sizes while the inset was at 0.00 also had no effect on the numbers in the X and Y windows even though the cut path clearly changed width on the screen.

I've searched the archives but most size change issues either not related to the stl format and the postings are so old I'm not sure if they apply to my situation.

I can see with the numbers floating all over the place why people seem to have to do so much filling and sanding to do when trying to reassemble their sliced models fresh off the Carvewright.

Is there a solution to get around this? It seems to me like it might be a software problem that should be straight forward to fix with an update?

Brad