Thread: Designer 3 failing to open

Default Designer 3 failing to open

Designer seems to be in the trial mode all of the sudden. It says " there are zero days on your trial period" when I try and activate the software through the provided link, and after I try to register, it says I have no license's available.

Since you are probably going to ask, I have all the software purchased, and most of the add on's. Can anyone tell me what has happened?

Thanks,

Woody

Somehow I think Designer has generated a different computer ID for your computer. A software or hardware update may be the reason.

Send an email to support asking to release one of your licenses so you can reactivate.

FML, So being a holiday weekend, I guess I have to wait until Monday? Sent an e-mail yesterday, no response yet.

Thanks,

Woody

Sometimes you can go to http://register.carvewright.com/ and down at the bottom left is a link to "download license file". Sometimes reloading that file will help. Or if you only have designer loaded on one computer you can register a "second" computer on that same page. Then when you can contact LHR call them and have them delete the non-working one.

It does suck, I have to reload the license file every time I reboot my computer. So I just keep a cvopy on my desktop so I can.

Thanks for the guidance Brdad, however when I download the file, it gives the warning, "ERROR: The file you selected doesn't contain a valid Carvewright license. please contact Carvewright for assistance."

Just to make sure I am doing this right:

When I open Carveright designer, it opens in the trial demo mode

The only option I am given is to Register, since the dialog box that pops up is warning that my trial period has expired.
    I click register, click the ELAU agreement boxes on the next screen then it goes to how I want to register,
    If I click register online, I get the warning "No License available"
    If I click "I have a license file" I select the location for the file downloaded from the carvewright site and get the above warning.

When this go wrong, they usually do when its the most inopportune tile, oh well I will call carvewright tomorrow in the AM,

Thanks again.

Woody

That sounds correct, so that method won't help. Your only hope is to register your computer as the second computer, if you don't already have two computers registered. If so I think there is a "register new computer" option when you start designer (on one of the same screens where the option to load the license file is). If that works you'll still have to call LHR to get the non-functioning registration deleted so it is free for next time.

Contacted Customer Support, problem fixed. Is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future? I understand the two computer limit, but what happens if our computers update again and we have to go through this again. Could it be done on an e-mail or account number instead? Just asking?

A current license file usually fixes it for me. But unless you have a computer license open, there is nothing you can without calling LHR. I wish they'd find a way to automate it, but I don't think it bothers enough people for them to care.

I think the best option if you really want to use it on a weekend or holiday is open Designer on a Friday, make sure it works, save a license file, and don't close the program and don't shut your computer down!

I had to go through this recently when upgrading to Windows 10. If you change hardware inside your PC, like installing a new hard drive, network card, etc. it can cause the generated PC ID to change. It can also happen when you install a driver update but this is rare (I have never been able to track down if it an issue with a particular manufacturer or type of hardware.)

The best advice I can give you is to set your PC so that automatic updates are downloaded automatically but you can choose when to install them. Then after you install updates or change a piece of hardware in your PC check the programs that use this type of licensing scheme.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default also have problems with demo mode....

having problems getting designer 3 software out of demo mode......I have deleted the program, re-installed software under admin, I have checked the box (windows 10) to always open in admin mode... I have downloaded the license file a few times and updated, and still I get demo mode.

when I re-installed under admin, the program did pick up the new firefighter badge 2, that I bought, but the designer 3 software will not come out of demo mode.....any help would be appreciated.