Thread: Board size tolerance:

Default Board size tolerance:

ALL,

I've been away from the forum for several years. I also have an "A" series machine. There have been times where I would have a problem with "BOARD SIZE". When the machine measures the board and compares it to the programmed board size, there would be a small ( about 1/16") difference and the machine will not run the program. IS THERE A BOARD SIZE TOLERANCE? Or is there a provision to center the carving on the measured board?

Thanks,
    George Cassidy
    Kennesaw, GA
    George Cassidy
    Kennesaw, GA

Tape on the bottom of the board where it goes over the tracking wheel will help it measure more consistently (as will the heavy duty belts).

Also, make your virtual board smaller than your actual board.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Default Board size tolerance:

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Tape on the bottom of the board where it goes over the tracking wheel will help it measure more consistently (as will the heavy duty belts).

Also, make your virtual board smaller than your actual board.

lynnfrwd,

Thank you for your response.

Is it possible to have a feature in the CW machine allowing a carving program to run on a board of any size that will fit into the CW machine?

For example... The board size in the program is obviously large enough for the carving. The actual board is larger maybe by several inches. After the CW machine measures the board and finds the different length and width, an option appears to cut the carving in any one of three places. Option 1: Center on Length & Width, Option 2: Cut to Side (Near/Far), Option 3: Cut to End (Near/Far). The object is to be able to run a carving program, that has run before, on another board that might be a few inches larger. The board will later be cut to a different length and width from originally programmed.

Thanks,
    George
    George Cassidy
    Kennesaw, GA

If you actual carving board is larger than your design size board just select "center on board" option 1.

If your board is smaller the only option you should get is to scale to board size or load new board. Scaling is not highly recommended as you might not get the results you want.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

So the only option right now is centering the carving on the board. I regard the programmed board size to be the minimum size and will not use a smaller board. I just want to place the carving where I want and trim the board later. The carving should not be closer to the board edge than programmed. So placing the carving should not be a problem.
    George Cassidy
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by lootlam View Post
    So the only option right now is centering the carving on the board. I regard the programmed board size to be the minimum size and will not use a smaller board. I just want to place the carving where I want and trim the board later. The carving should not be closer to the board edge than programmed. So placing the carving should not be a problem.
    No, that's not the only option. If the actual board is larger in both dimensions, "place on corner" is another option that the machine offers. You can also manually "jog to position" to place it wherever you want (not to be confused with "jog to touch" which may be used to find the board thickness.

There are several tip and tricks newletters that covers things like this.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.