Thread: A veteran with 2 brain injuries, just wanted to share a few of my personal projects

Default A veteran with 2 brain injuries, just wanted to share a few of my personal projects

I can't seem to find the right people who want to buy so I just make these for myself and my family/friends for gifts. In hopes I can get someone to help me with a carve I really want to do but have been unable to get it to ork. I want to do a mantle clock about 16 in by 8 inches by 3 in. I added a photo of what I'm talking about. I will be usin 3/4 wood so I was thinking of 2 pieces in the middle that was only about an inch thick from outside to inside so this will be hollow mantle clock. Any help will be greatly appreciated cause I have trouble figuring some of stuff out and when I do, if I don't use it often, I forget how to do it. Thanks so much my friends in advance for any help that anyone ever gives me.
    Also I plan on using a 3 inch clock insert , haven't got it, have to try and find best place to get. Thought maybe 3 or 4 long flutes underneath clock going from one side to other would look nice. If anyone has an MPc of a similar would be appreciated
    ive spent hours and hours trying to make and more hours looking for one in forum, all I could find was long skinny ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

That is a great job. I see the signs are Alabama, but it says you are in Mississippi
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Thank you. Yes, I was raised in Alabama and went to University of Alabama and live 10 miles from state line. My wife is a M is State fan that's why we have the huge Alabama Carving on top of fireplace with the Miss State Carving underneath. Most of my family and fellow classmates are in Alabama.

All great projects. I don't see why you can't find buyers as your projects are all very well designed and finished.

Really nice carvings try and list them on Etsy I sell signs on their site it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by lishmantr View Post
    ... I want to do a mantle clock about 16 in by 8 inches by 3 in.... If anyone has an MPc of a similar would be appreciated
    ive spent hours and hours trying to make and more hours looking for one in forum, all I could find was long skinny ones.
    Have you seen:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...289#post193289

Yes I did see that one but I'm looking to do a solid clock that size. And i don't think I'll be able to alter MPc once I get it. I want it to basically look the same and same size. if I had the front part of the clock which would be one piece with cutout for insert and the detail work then I could figure out the middle and back. The pic I uploaded on this thread is basic layout and would be fine if I could figure out how to get an MPc for front. It just frustrates me to spend hours trying to design and seem to get nowhere.

Here is one I got from the forum a long time back.. It has the basic shape you might want..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it. There are so many ptns and mpcs in this forum that sometimes you can search for hours/days/weeks and still not find what you're looking for. Yet, they are there the whole time. I try to save whenever I come on a good one but the first time I did it my computer bit the "dust" and lost everything so I'm back saving some good ones but this time on an external hard drive. I hope to one day Try some. This is usually good therapy for me but when I run into something that I can't seem to figure out the therapy shifts to something not so good. Again, I thank you.

Great projects, I really like the Alabama signs although it won't go with theme in my LSU room. I'm really impressed with what your carving. Keep up the good work and someone here on the forum will sure be able to help your cause on your clock. Happy Carvings. John