Thread: 48" Walking Stick

Default 48" Walking Stick

48" Walking Stick 2-1/2" Red Oak 4 12"Pc Screwed together with 3/8 16 threaded rod 6" long. was auctioned off for Charity. Theme was all U of M football. About 3 hrs each carve time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1037.JPG  
    John A Start U Member
    B,C Machine, PE, Probe, ComFormimg Vectors, Centerline, 2D, 3D, DFX Import, Rotary, Key Hole, 2 RingNeck Blues DC-Insert,STL
    3.102 / 2.007 and 1.187

great looking walking stick.

3. Default

Really nice

How did you make the holes to insert the threaded rod, if you don't mind telling me.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I drill and tap on lathe before turning turn 2 and screw together and then clean up on lathe that way they stay on center.
    John A Start U Member
    B,C Machine, PE, Probe, ComFormimg Vectors, Centerline, 2D, 3D, DFX Import, Rotary, Key Hole, 2 RingNeck Blues DC-Insert,STL
    3.102 / 2.007 and 1.187

Someone is now the proud owner of a unique piece of work. Great workmanship!

I have seen this U of M walking stick and the one he made with a Micigan State theme. They are both incredible! The picture does not do it justice. John was extremely creative with the use of the college insignias, slogans, win loss records, etc. it's one of those items you have to see to believe!!

Wow great job!!
    Heather