Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glueing up boards and using the jointer feature

I have a sled to use for scanning and it should be long enough I'll have to give it a try.o

That's a great idea. I haven't decided the stain color yet. The Icons will be going on an Altar which will be stained in red oak so he wants it to be a lighter color to stand out from the table but I need it to be dark enough to have the halos and other items I have to gold leaf to also stand out.
    I'm using tight bond 3 for my glue. Thanks for the tip.

I've seen some Craftsman Contractor saws for sale every once in a while at garage sales. I'll have to check into a little more. Thank you I'll see if that brand of blade is available locally or if I can get it on amazon.

A good friend of mine only uses a hand plane. He puts the two to be joined in a vice and shaves them both at the same time. It's works like magic and is easy to do, even for a beginner like myself. His joints are always perfect, square and clean. Just keep a sharp blade in your hand plane.

Someone had posted a link (now not working) to a video on glue and using a hand plane. I think this is the video it originally linked to:
    http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/vi...lication-tips/

Just wanted to pass this link along
    Jointing On A Table Saw

http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2005/01/28/wb

7. Default

Where did you get the patterns for the icons? I have been looking for exactly what you have and would like to get them also! Any info would be great! Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12