Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with calibrating

Default Help with calibrating

My problem: I have a board that is 96" long, when measuring the board length, my machine only measuring 95.624". when I go to calibrate the length measurement my default is 890.368, I have calibrated it to 874.368 to get to where it measures now(the 95.624"). In trying to get to the 96" measurement, the machine will not let me go below the 874.368, I get "Calibration Range Error". The project requires a measurement closer than 3/8". Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated. Rog

If it is out of range, you should suspect something physically going wrong. That is a long board.

You may be interested in:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...685#post156685

I calculate 890(1+(95.625-96)/96)=886.5. Are you sure you need to go out of range?

Bergerud, it took me to the limit to get the machine to measure the 95.625". It was almost 2" short to begin with and I now have it down to 3/8". I am staying in contact with the brass roller all the way through the measuring process. It is consistently measuring the 95.625. Any suggestions on how to get it closer ?

It must be something physical. Do you have the rubber damper under the tracking sensor? Try it without the O ring.

(Other things like head level, squaring plate square, O ring rubbing on rubber belt,...)

I'll keep trying and let you know.Haven't tried without o ring

Does not get a consistent measurement without o ring

Quote Originally Posted by tierman View Post

Roger,

How close is your calibration on a 3 to 4 foot board?

Is there any remote chance that your long board is loosing contact with the brass roller?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by tierman View Post
    I think this means that the brass roller is not being pressed hard enough onto the board.

Do you have the rubber damper under the board sensor? The brass roller should be about 1/8" above the plane of the belts and should be quite stiff to push down. You should see brass roller track marks in the bottom of the board.
    Last edited by bergerud; 11-12-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Roger,

How close is your calibration on a 3 to 4 foot board?

Is there any remote chance that your long board is loosing contact with the brass roller?
    Floyd,Bergerud,, Sorry I was out all day yesterday. I have measured the long board 5 ties and all are within .006 on all measurements but I will give a short board a try today, will also take out the brass roller today and check for the damper as suggested bergerud, thank you both for your input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast