Thread: Linking computers

Default Linking computers

good morning all,

i want to sync or link two computers to carvewright, so I have all my programs available whichever computer I am on. I have my browsers synced but can't figure out how to or if I can do carvewright that way.

all help greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo Sr View Post
    good morning all,

i want to sync or link two computers to carvewright, so I have all my programs available whichever computer I am on. I have my browsers synced but can't figure out how to or if I can do carvewright that way.

all help greatly appreciated
    I think that is a networking issue, not a CarveWright issue.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking but it sounds like you want to use the Carvewright software on two computers and be able to access all of your design files from both computers. I do this by storing all of my pattern and designer files on a cloud drive. I'm using Microsoft onedrive but there are others like google drive and dropbox. As long a both computers are connected to the internet they can both access the design files. You can then work from either computer.

I agree with FWMiller. I use google drive and it has worked flawlessly... first 5 gigs are free and I am not past that yet. It has been a real asset in not having to put everything on a thumb drive and remembering to load it on both machines...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

ok thanks you all for your answers, not sure about a cloud driveI reckon that is similar to an E-drive. I do have Carvewright on 2 computers and want to have all programs on both or access to them, they are already networked somewhat or at least my browsers are.

Thanks again for the ideas now I gotta put them to practice

6. Default

I use dropbox. The nice thing is that as long as I always save to dropbox folder I can open a mpc in either my laptop or my desktop and the latest version is there. I also have had a computer crash and I lost nothing because I had a copy in the cloud on dropbox of all my ptns and mpc's.