Thread: looking for wood effect/grain board pattern

Default looking for wood effect/grain board pattern

Hi all, I hope everyone is well.

A while back I remember seeing a pattern that had a wood effect/natural edge. Could someone point me in the right direction to it or share it again please?

Thanks in advance,
    Lawrence

Hi Lawrence! Good to hear from you again.

The new surface tools in version 3 will make just about anything. If you are looking for something like this let me know and I will make it for you. The pattern is too big to upload but I can email it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tree Bark.png  
    Steve

Lawrence,

The one that came to mind was: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ight=bark+edge.

I liked that one.

Here is a very quick slab I made. I placed the cross that comes with CW for fun.

Regards,
    Oscar

Steve, nice pattern
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW log black.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Default

Here is one I got from someone here on the forum, I use it a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oval bark.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	78580

Thanks guys,

I've recently completed a veteran's program called Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities and am starting a business making many of the things some of you may remember from when I posted more (Flag cases, shadow boxes, tail flashes, carved and etched awards) I've recently been funded through some grants and angel investing and I've been pricing up and looking at many different models of CNCs as well as laser engravers and 3d printers. Though I think I'll be going with a larger format CNC, I miss the familiarity of my Carvewright and the ease of use of the designer software. Even if it doesn't meet my current needs, the CW really still is an incredible system at an incredible price.

I appreciate the assistance with these patterns-all fit my needs in one way or another and between them and others that have been sent to me I think this will help a lot.

Hope you all are well,

Happy carvings,
    Lawrence

Congratulations on starting your new business. Best of luck and hope you make a great success at it.

I am still trying to learn pattern making and though I have learned some techniques down it is also a matter of artistic skills. I have the techniques down on making living edge wood patterns but from the my first attempt the artistic aesthetics was completely missing. Here is another attempt. Still finessing the details but I can pretty much recreate this pattern in any shape. Let me know if you need any specific ones.

PM me if you need the stl's or obj formats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW blank log.jpg  

Here is another variant with an aged texture to the log. This one has been sitting out in the back yard for 6 months and is ready for carving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW blank log 3.jpg